This little gem showed up in my Facebook stack, and I've just got to blurt a few things out. The organizer of this thing has (in my opinion) jumped the rails a bit, and this is the result. A few notes:
- If you are going to go Ableton-negative, don't continue to cop the Ableton name and logo. Lacks class.
- Starting the message with Bitwig is just meant to incite. Don't worry, Marc, they are watching. But this'll just make 'em write you off.
- Opinion on the Push is not rapidly declining, because the Push isn't yet in consumer's hands. After it is, the opinion will vary, they will be in widespread use, and all planets will continue to orbit as expected.
- Live 9 is unready? I haven't heard that one yet, although I know some people would prefer it to have different feature sets. But I'm not sure where this one came from. I've been (secretly) gigging with it for a while, and couldn't be more confident in it.
- The Livid Base is a cool thing, and is completely different from anything Ableton is likely to do in the next many years. The goals are different, as are the devices.
Breaking News: I'm a hater too. In this case, I'm just hating on the fragging of cheap shots on the way out of town.