Monday, August 12, 2013

Podcast Mania

I, like many people, have become obsessed with podcasts as a way to plow through the daily grind. There is something about an audio broadcast that is specific to something I'm interested in - it makes me feel like I've put together "Just-For-Me Radio" without doing music (which I can't have playing while I'm operating machinery...) or listening to a ton of commercials.

One of my favorites is the Marc Maron WTF podcast. Marc is a comedian that interviews other comedians, musicians or other creative people, and he reveals a lot about himself in the process. It's really a great way to get into how people do what they do, and to see semi-popular people as real folk.

The one I listened to today was an interview with Alex Guarnaschelli, a TV cook that has been all over the Food Network sorta-reality shows, but she talked about her experiences in cooking in many of the same terms that media artists tend to use for their history of work. Very interesting, and got me thinking about what I do in a completely different way.

You can check it out here: the link

[ddg]

No comments:

Post a Comment